Friday, March 11, 2011

Norway’s King Sends Condolences to Emperor of Japan

After Friday’s devastating earthquake and tsunami in Japan, King Harald of Norway conveyed his sympathy to Emperor Akihito of Japan.

Below is King Harald’s condolence statement to the Emperor of Japan.

Condolences from His Majesty The King to His Majesty The Emperor of Japan.

11.03.2011
His Majesty the Emperor of Japan
The Imperial Palace

Your Majesty,
It is with deep grief that I am following the news about the terrible earthquake and tsunami which have struck your country, taking a heavy human toll and causing such widespread damage.

I wish to convey to Your Majesty on behalf of myself and the Norwegian people my heartfelt condolences and my deepest sympathy with you and with the bereaved and people in Japan otherwise afflicted by this natural disaster.

Harald R